Your body is your responsibility. When talking about your body, it is not just about your outer body but inside too. You have to be watchful about everything that is happening in your health. You cannot take a chance with your body. After all, what if you get a health problem that turns out to be really dangerous? Come on, it would be really shocking right? The point is you have to be attentive about your health. If your health is good, you can lead a happy life. But if your health is not hearty, you might end up with inconveniences and health issues.
You are blessed that there are provisions like MRI and CT scan Bangalore that help you at every step… the doctors can identify the health issue in no time. You can be sure that you are or are not going through any type of health problem. The tool is used extensively by the health specialists to examine the patients. It might interest you that Computed tomography CTranks as one of the top most medical developments in the last fifty years. As per many of the medical surveys, CT has turned out to be as valuable as a medical diagnostic tool.
How does it work?
Both CT and conventional x-rays capture pictures of internal body structures. In traditional x-rays, the structures overlay. For example, the ribs might overlay the lung and heart. In an x-ray, structures of medical concern are mostly obscured by other organs or simply bones, making diagnosis somewhat difficult. But that is not the case in the realm of Ct. in a CT image; overlapping structures get eliminated, making the internal construction more apparent.At the time of CT imaging, an x-ray tube rotates around the patient so that manifold images are gatheredfrom diverse angles. These pictures are gathered in a computer that analyse them to form a fresh image with the covering structures removed.
CT images enable radiologists and other health physicians to discover the internal structures and find out their shape, size, thickness and texture. Such detailed information can be used to find out if there is a medical issue as well as the extent and specific location of the issue, and other vital details. The images can also display if no abnormality is present. Similarly it is also vital to know that a CT scan that shows no type of abnormality still caters useful data. The data aids the health care provider by concentrating attention away from needless medical concerns. Moreover the Modern time CT scanners gather this information in seconds and at times in fractions of a second – relying on the examination.
Advantages of CT scan
Advantages of CT include more effective and efficient medical management by:
- Finding out when surgeries are necessary
- Diminishing the need for exploratory surgeries
- Enhancing the cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Diminishing the length of hospitalizations
- Giving guidance in treatment of common situations such as cardiac disease, injury and stroke
- Enhancing patient placement into appropriate zones of care, such as intensive care units.
In an emergency room, the patient can be scanned in a quick manner so doctors can swiftly assess their condition. Emergency surgery could be necessary to stop any type of internal bleeding. CT images display the surgeons exactly where to operate. In the absence of this information, the triumph of surgery is hugely compromised. The danger of radiation exposure from CT is extremely small when compared to the advantages of a well-planned surgery.
CT scanning caters medical information that is diverse from other imaging examinations, like that of ultrasound, SPECT, MRI, PET or nuclear medicine. Every type of imaging technique has advantages and limitations. The chief advantages of CT are:
- Quick acquisition of images
- A volume of clear and particular information
- An image of a huge portion of the body
No other type of imaging procedure gathersthese advantages into a single session. Moreover:
- CT scanning is absolutely painless, non-invasive and accurate.
- It has the ability to image soft tissue, bone and blood vessels all at the same time.
- CT scanning caters very detailed images of many types of tissue as well as the bones, lungs and blood vessels.
- CT evaluations are quick and simple; in emergency instances they can reveal internal wounds and bleeding in a quick enough manner to help save lives.
- It is certainly a cost-effective imaging tool for a huge range of clinical problems.
- CT is less sensitive to the movement of patient than MRI. CT can be carried out if you have an implanted medical device of any type, unlike MRI. Of course, in MRI, if you have any type of metal in your body; you might not be able to undergo the scanning.
- It caters real-time imaging, making it a great tool for guiding slightly invasive procedures.
- A diagnosis decides by CT scanning may eliminate the requirement for exploratory surgery and surgical biopsy.
- No radiation stays in a patient’s body after a CT evaluation.
- X-rays that get used in CT scans generally have no side effects.
The point is you would not have to worry if you have to undergo a CT scan. It is easy to tackle with and you would experience no type of pain. Why to unnecessarily get into operations and surgeries when you can be sure about a wound before? The point is that many a times when there is no clarity about your problem, you might have to undergo a surgery. But if you have gone through a CT scan, the doctors can be sure whether you should go through a surgery or the problem can be solved otherwise only. The point is you have to look for scan in Bangalore or in your area and find out the root of your problem. Don’t be scared of this scan as it is your friend!
Thus, making sure that your health is okay is your responsibility. You cannot take any chance with your health or body.