Real estate industry is concerned with properties, lands, buildings and the rights to use them as well surrounding premises. The very term “real estate” refers to real, tangible or physical property. Let’s have a look at how the industry actually works along with some crucial real estate tips to give you a head start.
Types of real estate
There’re four types or categories in which real estate can be defined on a broader context. These are;
- Residential real estate includes homes that are newly constructed as well as resale. The most common category is single-family homes and then there’re condominiums, co-operatives, duplexes, townhouses, triple-deckers, high-value homes, quad-plexes and even vacation homes.
- Commercial real estate comprises strip malls and shopping centres, education institutions, medical facilities, hotels and offices so on. Even apartment buildings are often considered commercial whereas they’re originally used for residential purpose.
- Industrial real estate includes properties and buildings used for manufacturing purposes as well as warehouses. All such facilities can be used for research, storage, production and distribution of goods. Some of these also fall in the category of commercial real estate which is the reason classification of these facilities is important as zoning, sales and construction standards for each are managed accordingly.
- Land comprises of working farms, ranches and vacant land. The subcategories within the vacant land are identified as undeveloped, early development, subdivisions, reuse and site assembly.
How the industry operates
With real estate tips, one should also know how the industry actually operates. The field is also associated to production, buying, selling and trading of the real estate and types. It’s therefore a critical driver of a country’s economic growth.
- Construction of new buildings is a significant element of gross domestic product that includes residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- New home construction/building is also a crucial category comprising development of single-family homes, condominiums and townhouses. Data on new home sales is a leading economic pointer that signals/predicts probability of the housing market in the next nine months. Data for each country as well as between cities differ!
- Real estate agents assist homeowners, investors and businesses are engaged in trading all four types of properties. The industry’s typically divided into four types as defined above where you’ll surely find specialist real estate agents serving clients and customers.
- Sellers’ agents help in finding buyers through Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or professional contacts. They also price the property based on comparative listings against properties sold recently also known as “comps”. They can spruce up your property so that it looks appealing to customers, assist during negotiations and helps you get the highest bid.
- Buyers’ agents cater likewise services for home buyers and have sufficient market knowledge. It means they can be of great help in searching for a unit that best meets your requisites or criterions. They also compare costs known as “doing comps” which allow them to guide you to areas that are affordable.
Real estate capitalising
Everyone engaged in buying or selling home is directly involved in real estate investing which means several factors must be considered. Will the house value rise in which you currently reside? The effect of future interest rates and taxes if you receive mortgage; all these things are considered.
Many people invest well in properties they wish to buy and sell as a business. There’re many ways to proceed and first is flipping a house. This is where you buy a house to make some crucial improvements and sell at a higher price. Many people own several home and rent them out to make a living.
One can also invest in housing without actually buying a home through purchasing homebuilders’ stocks. Their stock prices vary in consent with the housing market. Yet another way is Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS) and these are investments you do in commercial real estate.
In the end, I’d like to add a word for one property management company in Dubai for providing such amazing help on the topic. The above details and real estate tips would surely help you understand the industry.