The ankle joint is one of the most important joints of the body that partake in movement and is also involved in lower limb stability. Two types of motion take place in your ankle joint counting dorsiflexion and plantar flexion. Your ankle, as well as feet, are an essential part of your everyday activities as they support the entire body weight. The ankle joint is also most prone to injuries too. Below are some common ankle and foot injuries :
- Achilles Bursitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Instability
- Ankle sprain
- Ankle stress fracture
- Arch pain
- Ball of foot pain
- Broken ankle
- Cavus foot
- Flat foot
- Heel pain
- Heel spurs
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle
- Plantar Fasciitis
Common ankle problems
Out of all the above, the most common ankle problems are fractures as well as sprains. An ankle sprain is a condition when there is an injury to the ligaments, and it could take a few weeks to months to heal totally. People can also injury many other parts of the ankle too like tendons, muscle to the bone as well as cartilage. Fractures on the other and is a condition in which there is a break in a bone. Both ankle sprains and fractures come under the category of sports injuries.
Symptoms of a broken ankle or fracture are listed below:
- Deformities of bone around the ankle
- Pale skin
- Inability to move the toes
A broken ankle will be diagnosed by a physical examination along with an X-ray if needed. An orthopedic doctor will do treatment of broken ankle by taping, casting, wrapping, booting or in severe cases surgery. The option of treatment entirely depends upon the type as well as the severity of the fracture. The recovery time of broken fracture could be four to eight weeks as it takes bones to heal. It may also take many months to regain full motion of the joint.
List of Best Orthopedic Surgeons In India
There is a need for best orthopedic surgeons to treat broken ankle or first injured ankle will be diagnosed by the general physician after that he/she will recommend you consult the Top 10 orthopedic surgeons in India for effective treatment. The type of treatment of a broken ankle or ankle sprain will depend upon the severity of the injury. Below we have listed for you some of the best orthopedic doctors in India for effective treatment:
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal- He is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in India with more than 32 years of experience.
- Dr. IPS Oberoi- He is one of the best Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, in India with more than 25 years of experience.
- Dr. Rakesh Mahajan- He is one of the topmost orthopedic doctors in India with more than 18 years of experience
- Dr. Pradeep Sharma- He is a topmost orthopedic surgeon with m0re than 40 years of experience.
- Dr. Vikram I Shah- He is one of the best orthopedic doctors with more than 38 years of experience
- Dr. Gyan Sagar Tucker- he is a well known and most experienced orthopedic doctor in India with more than 27 years of experience.
- Dr. U.K. Sadhoo- He is in the list of doctors in India with more than 38 years of experience.
- Dr. (Brig.) B. K. Singh- he is counted as topmost orthopedic with more than 35 years of
- Dr. Uma Chandran S- He is well known and experienced orthopedic with more than 48 years of experience.
- Dr. Laljee Kent- He is one of the most experienced as well as respected orthopedician in India with more than 34 years of experience.
Orthopedic conditions are the most common types for which people seek medical care. The good news is that mostly all conditions are treatable as the most successful medical treatments, as well as surgical procedures, are orthopedic. India has many best orthopedic doctors to diagnose and treat a range of orthopedic injuries as well as conditions. Above listed best orthopedic doctors in India will help you to treat any orthopedic condition effectively.